Focus for today:
The word out of the C.A.R.E. model is ...EQUANIMITY
E. - Equanimity: August 28, 2026
Gratitude is always here but I plan to type the word out every time I post something.
I never heard of equanimity in the context of human action. My vocabulary just did not extend to this word, but I have found it to be a word full of meaning for recovery. In this daily exercise the purpose is to give me a foundation for working through my recovery to resist craving alcohol, but also how to set and structure my life.
Equanimity is a key almost crucial ingredient. Equanimity is one component of living with "Wise Intention". The focus here is conduct yourself in a way that cultivates a lack of self centeredness. Be generous, don't focus on yourself. Clearly there are issues you have to address everyday but in interaction with others the focus needs to be gracious. Be patient.
Equanimity is a heart practice of Buddhism. I have to make a conscious effort to make sure that my daily intentions are pure. Not that I let the world take advantage of me, but that I look for ways to treat others well, knowing that will return to me in a favorable way eventually.
Many old adages apply here but I think one that is central is that you reap what you sow. If you plan discord, then discord will grow. If you intentionally look to plant love, respect and determination to be fair, then karma will reward you.
I'm writing this to someday translate into a book, so I won't always get my points out as coherent as I'd like. My plan is to have these daily writings make of the crux of the book.
Another use could be, if anyone reads this, is to have a community of people who want to try this C.A.R.E model and we all write about its impact and share insights and help each other be better.
Stay off traditional social media for a change and collaborate on something healthier and sustainable.
No comments:
Post a Comment