Wednesday, August 26, 2026

One comment on Current Events (For Today)

AI the savior or boogeyman? Who knows, I love what you can do with all the free stuff I've messed with. I get the concerns but this article describes in a real way how this technology is being safely developed. 

The issue that bothers me the most is the insistence on demonizing China. China is doing exactly what we wanted them to do minus a shift to some version of democracy. So the fuck what! China studied Europe and the United States in 1978 and 1979 after coming out of the horror years of Mao. Now 40+ years later, China is a capitalist economic nuclear reactor. Just growing with no end in sight BECAUSE....China is working aggressively with all the African countries that the United States only wants to put a military base in. China has assumed the role of the world's lone super power because the United States doesn't want to lead anything anymore. That is all I will say about that last bit today but unless I see 80 percent of the electorate vote Democrat in these elections then I know that ultimately the Trump MAGA, Project 2025 folks will get everything they want. 

I hope Canada will allow me to immigrate? Anyway, good article below. 

Anthropic's Road to a $1 Trillion IPO | Claude & AI Growth


I am fortunate to have come across this article posted above. It gives me hope in a real way. Read this because in a nutshell, this describes a proper way for a major multi-trillion-dollar AI enterprise to run. Anthropic is registered as a Public Benefit Corporation and cannot be sued by aggressive shareholders into shitty decisions that hurt the public. Most of that last sentence is lifted directly from this article and this constitutes my citation of that material. 


No comments: