Wednesday, August 26, 2026

C. A. R. E. - 26 August 2026

 

Today under the rubric that I described in the "Main Reason for this Journal" post, I am going to work off of randomly generated positive affirmative action word for today. I'm going to play around with how I do this but will work it out for one or two weeks then start sharing more broadly, linking my bluesky account etc. 

The word out of the C. A. R. E. model is ...ASPIRE

C. 

A. - ASPIRE: August 26, 2026. Today I have gratitude as always, even when it is not the best day. I am here and able to put this time in to be intentional about my day and my life. 

I aspire to just keep doing the things I tell my family that I am going to accomplish. I have not lived up to the ideals of being the best husband, father that I could have. But I just want to aspire to remain sober and continue to live a righteous purposeful life with intention to do no harm, to myself or anyone around me. Much effort goes into living this way. 

Recovery Dharma introduced to me at a method to order yourself more directly if you have the patience to do so. First, acknowledge the 4 Noble truths about suffering; then take each of the Wise actions from the 8-Fold Path. Then choose one for the day to think about what it means and how you can apply say, 'Wise Understanding' to your life. You will need to buy the book for the best experience, but you can use it to, order and structure your day or activity. 

R. 

E. 

The eight factors of the path to read and meditate on are: 

Wise Understanding

Wise Intention

Wise Speech

Wise Action

Wise Livelihood

Wise Effort

Wise Mindfulness

Wise Concentration

I will go into these in more detail while I am actively following this methodology for sobriety. 

More to come and more consistently in this chapter. 

No comments: