Thursday, September 17, 2026

C.A.R.E 17 Sep 2026 - ENDURANCE

 Today's focus word is ENDURANCE

The word from the C.A.R.E. model is ENDURANCE

Gratitude that I am alive and have this opportunity to reflect and be better in execution of my intent to change and be a positive force in my family's life. 

When I was at my daughter's house helping take care of my grandkids this weekend it dawned on me that one of the most foundational tenets of this new way of thinking is understanding perspective. 

My Kids are 38, 32 and I have two grand kids ages 5 and 2. Life is a journey, no matter how long or short. I have a great uncle that just reached 101 years old. That is the personification of ENDURANCE. 

Everything we do, every day determines our ability to endure. Mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually and just in all the myriad ways we have to survive and attempt to thrive. I love my life. I do, I just never fully appreciated it. 

That is a sobering thought. When Iaid down to sleep with my grandson, Saturday night after his birthday and we read two books and then he fell asleep next to me. It was one of the purest natural moments of love and peace I have ever felt. 

I was able to have that moment that I desperately needed because I managed to ENDURE. 

Despite all the stupidity I have allowed to be part of my life in a self-inflicted way; I have endured because I found a way to not quit. Life is really hard and it is easy to look at any everyday circumstance and use that as a negative catalyst. 

I know because I did it every day for the last two years. Everything was a major issue, and my life was out of control. I allowed my addiction to actually run my life. While functional for 5 years or so, it was not set on any type of stable foundation. 

I was enduring but barely. It took DUIs and jail to get my attention. That part of me will never return. I may be a victim of some random act from outside, but I won't be hurting myself or the ones I love based on stupidity and selfishness. 

In order to make it through life and have a sense that you at least tried to be of service and help, you have to have some guiding principle. Why are we here?  

I think once we are here, we all have some capacity to endure. Even the very least of us has something in our mind and soul to endure. I have a friend from my Air Force days with a now 23-year-old quadriplegics son. A life yes, chosen to carry to term with this knowledge and this now man, has endured. Yes, medicine...BUT also something is clearly in this young man's mind that has allowed him to want to live despite it all. 

Most of us are blessed beyond any comprehension that we are healthy, and we waste that every day. 

Time to C.A.R.E: Do whatever it takes to ENDURE and be present in your life and in the lives of those you love. Take care of your bodies, mind and spirit. Leave society to do what they are doing. If you take care of your responsibilities, then the outside world can be in all the turmoil, and you can be steady in the fact that you are meeting every challenge with focus, energy, compassion, action, resilience and endurance. 

VOTE Democrat no matter the rhetoric: PLEASE. 


No comments: